Our vision of a future where there is “enough, for all, forever” really does mean for all. Increasing ease of access for people of every identity and ability and aligning our work with our values and vision of the future is at the heart of transforming our economy, systems, and practices. We acknowledge this is a practice we have to keep working at, so we might not get it all right, but at the Gathering, this is how we worked to support accessibility and align with our values.
- Offering a pay-what-you-can fee so financial access is less of a concern
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters during the Opening Plenary and afternoon Celebration
- The venue is wheelchair accessible, with an elevator and operators on site for ease of movement
- There is reserved seating at the front of the main gymnasium for those who experience hearing or mobility issues. Please see a staff person or volunteer to direct you.
- A quiet room will be available for those needing a quiet place
- The Gathering aims to be a scent-free event. Please refrain from using scented products, in recognition that some are sensitive to chemicals found in personal hygiene products and perfume
- Offering both Gender-neutral and gendered washrooms
- We’ve attempted to include food for a variety of dietary needs. Any leftover food will be donated to Siloam Mission or Main Street Project.
- In efforts to reduce our environmental impact, all dishware and cutlery on site are compostable. Please recycle or compost your waste correctly. Please use your own mug or water bottle if possible, or reuse your compostable cups. Signs are up to direct you to the correct place to dispose your waste.
- Childcare is available on site
- In every decision possible, we purchase and contract with local suppliers, focusing on social enterprises and cooperatives creating job opportunities for local people.
If there is a barrier preventing you from fully joining the Gathering, we want to help!
Additional accessibility accommodations are available by advance request by contacting Genevieve Dack-Tittley at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 7th, 2022.