ABOUT THE Gathering
For 20 years, Manitoba community builders have gathered every fall to connect over a shared meal, to learn from one another’s work, and to celebrate the challenging but necessary practice of building stronger communities.
community-led learning focused on practices and strategies to build more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable communities and economies
In community work, we are called to collaborate: with our colleagues, stakeholders, funders, community members, or across movements. The Gathering helps to facilitate, solidify, and forge greater collaboration between and among community builders.
It has been a privilege for us at the Canadian CED Network to host this event, and to hold the stories and history of our community sector. Thank you to every single person who has participated, volunteered, coordinated, presented, worked, sponsored, provided feedback or contributed energy to this event. It continues to exist because of you.
CCEDNet Manitoba is grateful to the leaders from our network who have devoted their time and expertise in guiding the 2022 Gathering:
- Annetta Armstrong, Indigenous Women’s Healing Centre
- Michelle Chudd, United Way of Winnipeg
- Katie Daman, Community Futures Manitoba
- Andrée Forest, Manitoba Research Alliance/Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives – MB
- Jesse Gair, Social Innovation & Community Development, Red River College
- Chantel Henderson, Manitoba Eco-Network
- Mari Lawrence, Portage la Prairie Community Revitalization Corporation
- Deb McLeod, Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities
- Jennifer Mousseau, Ka Ni Kanichihk
- Corinne Napper, Volunteer Manitoba
- Lindsay Smith, Social Innovation, Community Development, & Indigenous Social Entrepreneurship, Red River College
- Brendan Reimer, Assiniboine Credit Union
- Hope Switzer, Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
- Justine Trinh, Manitoba Association of Newcomer Serving Organizations