EconoUs2018 PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY TO:
- connect with social innovation leaders from across Canada who share a passion for building strong, inclusive community economies;
- learn about strategies for generating positive local economic, social and environmental impacts;
- share your successes, challenges and questions on how to create inclusive communities, sustainable environments and local prosperity with an economy that works for all;
- reinvigorate efforts for change in your community and organization through new ideas, knowledge and connections.
EconoUs2018 builds on the long history of successful national conferences organized by the Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet) and partners across the country since 2001. More than 4,000 people have attended this event over the past 17 years. This year, we expect to welcome 350 attendees from across the country and connect with over 15,000 people online.
EconoUs2018 WILL BE HOSTED IN MONCTON IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
- The New Brunswick Environmental Network brings together over 100 environmental organizations promoting ecologically sound ways of life.
- The Co-operative Enterprise Council of New Brunswick supports the growth and development of co-operatives, credit unions and other social enterprises in New Brunswick.
- The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia facilitates community capacity to work collaboratively towards innovative solutions to social and economic issues.
- The Centre for Local Prosperity promotes local economic solutions for rural communities throughout Canada.
- The Coopérative de développement regional-Acadie unites Francophone co-operative associations to support collective entrepreneurship in co-operatives.
- The Social Enterprise Network of Nova Scotia builds a social enterprise sector that contributes to social, cultural, environmental, and economic well-being.