FOR TOO LONG, THE ECONOMY HAS BEEN ABOUT ‘ME’.
There are alternatives to the economic disparity, growing inequality and environmental crises Canadians are facing. Community leaders from coast to coast to coast are using innovative business models, new investment tools and engaging technology to create good jobs, prioritize community and planet, and build strong and resilient communities. A vibrant and resilient economy that includes everyone and puts people and planet first is possible.
QUITE SIMPLY: THE ECONOMY CAN BE BY AND FOR ‘US.’ ALL OF US. ECONOUS.
EconoUs2018 builds on the long history of successful national conferences organized by the Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet) and partners across the country since 2001. More than 4,000 people have attended this event over the past 17 years. This year, we expect to welcome 350 attendees from across the country and connect with over 15,000 people online.
Visit ECONOUS2017 website and find out who came last year
EconoUs2018 IS HOSTED IN MONCTON IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
- The New Brunswick Environmental Network brings together over 100 environmental organizations promoting ecologically sound ways of life.
- The Co-operative Enterprise Council of New Brunswick supports the growth and development of co-operatives, credit unions and other social enterprises in New Brunswick.
- The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia facilitates community capacity to work collaboratively towards innovative solutions to social and economic issues.
- The Centre for Local Prosperity promotes local economic solutions for rural communities throughout Canada.
- The Coopérative de développement regional-Acadie unites Francophone co-operative associations to support collective entrepreneurship in co-operatives.
- The Social Enterprise Network of Nova Scotia builds a social enterprise sector that contributes to social, cultural, environmental, and economic well-being.